Lisa: She is a young, sweet girl. She lives with her parents in a cottage. She loves to do household chores such as baking. She is very obedient as she listens to her parents.
Rumpelstiltskin: A strange little man. He has magical powers. He is able to help Lisa by spinning the straw into gold. He likes riddles. Rumpelstiltskin is a fairy tale character, not a real person.
The King: He is an opportunist. He uses Lisa to get him gold. He is rather cruel as he keep Lisa alone in a tower and he threatens to kill her if she cannot spin the straw into gold. However he is very gullible as he believes that straw can be turned into gold.
Lisa’s Father : He is rather foolish as he goes to far to boast about his daughter. He is also greedy as he is willing to sacrifice Lisa’s life in order to get wealth. He was remorseful when he promised Lisa that he will not make the same mistake. Nevertheless, he is a loving father as he tries to solve the riddle for Lisa.
- Cottage where Lisa lives with her parents.
- Castle where the King lives
- Nursery where Queen Lisa looked after the baby and where the strange little man appeared.
- Woods where the strange little man lives.
- Medieval Times
- The story is set at a time when people talked about magical creatures.